FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who can live at My Domain?
My Domain is a private accommodation for students, interns, young working professionals, article clerks and individuals completing residencies or fellowships.
What documentation do I need to have to apply?
Leaseholder ID Document / Passport / Company Documents
• Resident’s ID Document / Passport
• Leaseholder’s proof of current address
• Resident’s study permit (international students only)
• Leaseholder’s pay slip and/or 3 month’s bank statements/company bank statements
• Resident’s acceptance letter from the academic institution (can be provided upon receipt from the institution)
• Proof of funding/letter of surety (applicable to residents receiving bursaries & alternative private funding)
*Students receiving financial aid need to have secured funding prior to submitting their application to stay at My
Domain. It is required you have the funds available to pay the necessary deposit in order to secure your unit.
How do I view a room or book a tour?
You can view the different units we offer and their floor plans under the Locations tab here on our website. You can also view room & facility images under the Gallery tab. Come visit us! Should you wish to book a viewing please contact our team to arrange a time.
You can call us on 021 447 7244
Or email the relevant location:
Salt River: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I know my application has been received?
Once your application is complete and the required support documents have been submitted, you will receive an application approval email from the My Domain team. Should there be any information missing after you have completed the online application, you will receive an email or call to ask you to edit your application.
How do I know when a room has been allocated to me?
You will receive an email thanking you for your application, advising you of your unit number and the next steps in the process. You will also receive an invoice for payment of your deposit, this invoice will show your unit number as well as a four-digit number you will be requested to use a your reference for payment.
Can I request a different room to the one that has been allocated to me ?
Units are allocated on unit types and not specific unit numbers. A room change can be requested but subject to availability. An admin fee may apply.
What fees are payable with my application?
In order for us to process your application and allocate you a unit we require an application fee of R1000 exc vat to be paid. Once you application is processed you will receive an invoice for the amount due.
What fees are payable before I occupy my room?
The following items will reflect on your first invoice (payment is due after your application has been processed):
• Application fee of R1 000 ex VAT (Non-Refundable)
• Deposit (50% of which is security and 50% as damage deposit)
• 1st Months Rental
• Optional extras - only applicable if selected and differ between locations e.g: Parking, DSTV etc.